Welcome and thank you for visiting the Lakeville Master Plan website!
Lakeville's Master Plan Implementation Committee is working with Southeastern Regional Planning and Economic Development District (SRPEDD) to develop this new master plan and when complete, Lakeville 2030 will help guide the future of Lakeville for the next 10 years.
This webpage will be your source for all information about the new Master Plan, options for participation, and notices of upcoming workshops or events. We will keep this site updated as the planning process progresses so please plan on checking back in with us.
There are many ways to get involved and stay informed. Join us at a public event, as shown on our Google Calendar (also available as a PDF here)."Like" us on Facebook and sign up to join our Mailing List so you will be notified of all events that SRPEDD will be attending and/or hosting. If you can't attend an in person meeting, you can virtually add your thoughts using our Public Comment Form.
For more information, please review our project pages and/or contact Jed Cornock at 508.824.1367 x318. Scroll down to see information about the Recent Updates and Upcoming Events, Elements of a Master Plan, the Interactive Map Gallery, and the Document Library.
May 24, 2019 - JOIN US! The next public workshop will be held on June 1, 2019 at 10:00 AM at the Lakeville Public Library.
April 19, 2019 - The Natural & Cultural Resources and Open Space & Recreation Public Workshop Summary Report is now available!
March 1, 2019 - WORKSHOP IS CANCELLED DUE TO SNOW STORM. It will now be held on March 16, 2019 at 10:00 AM at the Lakeville Public Library. Click here for flyer.
January 22, 2019 - SAVE THE DATE! The next public workshop will be held on March 2, 2019 at 10:00 AM at the Lakeville Public Library.
December 20, 2018 - The Master Plan Main Themes have been updated! Let us know what you think!
November 29, 2018 - The Land Use, Housing, and Economic Development Public Workshop Summary Report is now available!
June 19, 2018 - The "Discovery" Public Workshop Summary Report is now available!
May 9th, 2018 - Check out some of our PDF maps of the town which will help in decision making and information dissemination.
April 20, 2018 - SRPEDD staff will be at the Spring Special Town Meeting to provide more information about the process and answer any questions.
According to Massachusetts General Law, a Master Plan has nine required "elements" (or "chapters"). Drafts of each element will be posted here as they are created. Feel free to comment on any part of the master plan using the comments board, below.
The interactive map below provides background information for your Master Plan. Be sure to click on the map features to access "info bubbles" containing more details. Also, please be on the lookout for more interactive maps in the coming months.
The following documents provide background on the Lakeville Master Plan. Please click on a link and be sure to follow the instructions should the file be large.
Opportunities to Participate
- Lakeville Master Plan Comment Card
- Lakeville Master Plan Calendar of Events
- Lakeville Master Plan Public Workshop Schedule
Plans and Reports
- Lakeville Master Plan (2005)
- Lakeville Housing Production Plan (2017)
- Lakeville Open Space and Recreation Plan (2012)
- Lakeville Community Priority Areas Report (2013)
Workshop #1: May 19, 2018
- "Discovery" Public Workshop Agenda
- "Discovery" Public Workshop Presentation
- "Discovery" Public Workshop Demographic Data
- "Discovery" Public Workshop Summary Report
Workshop #2: October 16, 2018
- Land Use, Housing, and Economic Development Public Workshop Presentation
- Land Use, Housing, and Economic Development Public Workshop Summary Report
Workshop #3: March 16, 2019
- Natural & Cultural Resources and Open Space & Recreation Public Workshop Presentation
- Natural & Cultural Resources and Open Space & Recreation Public Workshop Summary Report
Workshop #4: June 1, 2019
- Services & Facilities and Transportation & Circulation Public Workshop Presentation
- Services & Facilities and Transportation & Circulation Public Workshop Handout
- Lakeville Land Use
- Lakeville Zoning
- Lakeville Habitats
- Lakeville Water Resources
- Lakeville Open Space
- Lakeville Community Priority Areas
- Lakeville Bicycle, Pedestrian, and Transit Network
- Lakeville Intersection Crashes
- Lakeville Roadway Network by Jurisdiction