Welcome to the Wareham Master Plan Home Page!
Please check out the 2018 Wareham Master Plan Vision document here and in the document library, below. Be sure to also visit out the Interactive Future Land Use Vision Map and Interactive Implementation Guide!
Continue reading below to learn about the nine original elements of the Master Plan from 1998. This page also contains interactive maps and a document library of other relevant information - including materials and videos from the three Master Plan Workshops.
Master Plan 101: Elements of the Master Plan
According to Massachusetts General Law, a Master Plan has nine required "elements" (or "chapters"). Drafts of each element will be posted here as they are created. Feel free to comment on any part of the master plan using the comments board, below.
Thanks to Wareham Community TV for providing video of the first Master Plan Discovery Workshop.
A Vision for Future Land Use in Wareham
The following documents provide background on the Wareham Master Plan. Please click on a link and be sure to follow the instructions should the file be large.
Master Plan "Visioning" Workshop on Septemer 14, 2017
Master Plan Discovery Workshop on June 3, 2017
- Photos from the Workshop
- Agenda and Comment Card
- Presentation (including basic Master Plan background, a series of maps, and demographic and economic information about Wareham)
- Previous Town Plans and Their Main Goals (organized by Master Plan chapter)
Plans and Reports
- Wareham Master Plan (1998)
- Wareham Housing Production Plan (2013)
- Wareham Open Space and Recreation Plan (2010)
- Wareham Community Preservation Plan (2006)
- Wareham Community Development Strategy (2016)
- Wareham Harbor Mnanagement Plan (2011)
- Wareham Village Strategy (2008)
- Wareham Route 28 West Economic Development Strategy (2016)
- Wareham Zoning Bylaws (2016)