SRPEDD’s bicycle and pedestrian planning program provides a regional vision for bicycle and pedestrian transportation for Southeastern Massachusetts. These two modes of transportation are essential to a sustainable and healthy transportation system and therefore are given a high priority at SRPEDD. Specifically, this program consists of the following components:
- Providing technical assistance to local communities in planning bicycle and pedestrian infrastructure improvements, from multi-use paths to on-road bike lanes to sidewalks, curb ramps and crosswalks;
- Supporting two regional bicycle committees, the South Coast Bikeway Alliance and the Taunton Pathways
- Maintaining the SMMPO Regional Bicycle Plan;
- Maintaining the SMMPO Regional Pedestrian Plan;
- Addressing bicycle and pedestrian needs in all updates of the SMMPO Regional Transportation Plan;
- Incorporating bicycle and pedestrian needs in all projects;
- Participating in and hosting regional bicycling events.
Please note that the interactive regional bike map is under construction and will return in the coming months. For questions, please contact SRPEDD.