Welcome to the Carver Master Plan Home Page!
The Town of Carver recently updated its Master Plan, the long term policy document that helps the community manage growth and change, preserve its natural resources, maintain public facilities and services, protect property rights, and build upon its strong character. You may access all support presentations, information, and all resources in the document library of this webpage. You may also click here to download the 2017 Master Plan, which was approved unanimously at Spring Town Meeting.
Continue reading below to learn about the nine original elements of the Master Plan and the additional Agriculture element added by the Master Plan Committee. This page also contains a comments section, interactive maps, and a document library of other relevant information.
Elements of the Master Plan
According to Massachusetts General Law, a Master Plan has nine required "elements" (or "sections"). Drafts of each element will be posted here as they are created. Feel free to comment on any part of the master plan using the comments board, below.
Use the discussion forum below to share your opinion and read others' (requires a free Gmail account to post). To start, click on a discussion topic and "reply" to one of the suggested questions or post on any other related issue. You may also post your ideas on the Carver Master Plan Facebook page using your Facebook account. All input will be collected by the project team.
DISCLAIMER: This forum is intended for public use. Please identify yourself if you would like your comment to enter the public record. Please also remain polite and on point.
The interactive map below provides background information for your Master Plan. Be sure to click on the map features to access "info bubbles" containing more details. Also, please be on the lookout for more interactive maps in the coming months.
Zoning by Parcel
Please note that, for the purposes of this interactive map, a parcel is categorized as being within the zoning district that covers the majority of its land area. Please see this SRPEDD zoning analysis for further information and the Town Clerk for the official Town zoning map.
Document Library (new files are posted as they become available)
The following documents provide background on the Carver Master Plan. Please click on a link and be sure to follow the instructions should the file be large.
FINAL 2017 Carver Master Plan (33 MB; please allow sufficient time to download.)
Housing Production Plan as submitted to the Town (PDF)
September 15, 2016 Workshop
- Master Plan Workshop 4 Presentation (3 MB; please allow sufficient time to download.)
June 21, 2016 Workshop
- Master Plan Workshop 3 Presentation (46 MB; please allow sufficient time to download.)
January 21, 2016 Workshop
- Master Plan Workshop 2 Presentation (20 MB; please allow sufficient time to download.)
September 23, 2015 Workshop
- Master Plan Discovery Workshop 1 Report (105 MB; please allow sufficient time to download.)
- Master Plan Discovery Workshop 1 Presentation (40 MB; please allow sufficient time to download.)
- Master Plan Discovery Workshop 1 Handouts
- Thank You For Participating! (Conctant Contact email to workshop participants)
- SRPEDD Master Plan Introduction Presentation to the Carver Planning Board
Plans and Reports
- Carver Master Plan (2001)
- Carver Housing Production Plan (2008)
- Carver Open Space and Recreation Plan (2010)
- Carver Land Use
- Carver Zoning (2014)
- Carver Habitats and Natural Resources
- Carver Protected Land
- Carver Water Resources
- Carver Agriculture
- Carver Housing
- Carver Vacant Commercial Areas (January 2016 Survey)