The following are recent SRAC Homeland Security projects:
(click the title links below for more information)
Children in Disasters: Keeping Kids Safe Conference Materials from September 26, 2017
- Children in Disasters: Keeping Kids Safe Post Conference Summary Report
- Children in Disaster: Keeping Kids Safe Welcome Presentation, Deborah Clapp, BA, I/C, NRP Executive Director Western MA EMS
- Cultural Competency Presentation, Falah Hashem, MB.Ch.B
- The Impact of Trauma & Disasters on Children Presentation, Waheeda Saif, LMHC
- Family Reunification After Disasters Presentation, Sarita Chung, MD, FAAP
- Children with Complex Medical Needs Presentation, Deborah Clapp, BA, I/C, NRP Executive Director Western MA EMS
SRAC Equipment Resource Guidebook, Second Edition 2012 (last revision October 26, 2016)
This is the second edition of the SRAC's Equipment Resource Guide Book developed by the Southeast Regional Homeland Security Advisory Council (SRAC) on behalf of its 96 cities and towns and the Wampanoag Nation. The main purpose of this resource guide book is to provide first responders with a "low-tech" option to locating valuable equipment resources during natural or man-made disasters within the Southeast Region.
Passenger Train Evacuation Drill
On the morning of May 14, 2016, the Massachusetts Department of Transportation and Massachusetts Bay Transportation Authority conducted a full scale exercise in the town of Barnstable, Massachusetts that challenged responders with a scenario involving a train derailment.
Dukes County Technical Trench Rescue Training Video
Thirteen firefighters who are members of the Dukes County regional technical rescue team, participated in an intensive 24-hour trench rescue training course off High Point Lane in Tisbury. The goal of the training is to prepare the team to be able to immediately respond in the event of an trench accident at a construction site or a beach for example.