Welcome to the Marion Master Plan Home Page!
The Town of Marion will hold public meetings on Monday, September 18 at 7:00 p.m. and on Saturday, October 14, at 9:00 a.m. at the Sippican School Multi-Purpose Room, 16 Spring Street. The purpose of these meetings is to present the final Master Plan that will be put forth for approval at the Fall Town Meeting on Monday, October 23, 2017. The Planning Board, with the help of the regional planning agency, Southern Regional Planning and Economic Development (SRPEDD) consulting group, prepared the Master Plan based on extensive public input through community forums and workshops since 2014. The Master Plan is the long-term vision document that helps guide the community’s growth and change, preserve its natural and cultural resources, and maintain public facilities and services. The Master Plan provides a basis for decision-making regarding the future of the Town.
Hard copies of the final draft Master Plan are available at the Planning Board office, the Town Clerk’s office, the Elizabeth Taber Library, and the Police Station. An electronic copy is available on the Town of Marion webpage, below in the document library, or by clicking the following links - 2017 Marion Master Plan and Appendix.
If you have any questions or concerns, please contact Gil Hilario, Town Planner by email email@example.com or call 508-748-3513.
Elements of the Master Plan
According to Massachusetts General Law, a Master Plan has nine required "elements" (or "sections"). Drafts of each element will be posted here as they are created. Feel free to comment on any part of the master plan using the comments board, below.
Use the discussion forum below to share your opinion and read others' (requires a free Gmail account to post). To start, click on a discussion topic and "reply" to one of the suggested questions or post on any other related issue. You may also post your ideas on the Marion Master Plan Facebook Page using your Facebook account. All input will be collected by the project team.
DISCLAIMER: This forum is intended for public use. Please identify yourself if you would like your comment to enter the public record. Please also remain polite and on point.
The interactive map below provides background information for your Master Plan. Use the links below this map to navigate to your town's other available maps. Be sure to click on the map features to access "info bubbles" containing more details.
Click here to view a Priority Area Map
The following documents provide background on the Marion Master Plan. Please click on a link and be sure to follow the instructions should the file be large.
2017 Marion Master Plan
Draft Master Plan Elements ("Chapters")
- Draft Master Plan Elements
- Marion Master Plan Draft Elements Presentation Video
- Marion Master Plan Draft Elements Presentation (12 MB, please allow sufficient time to download)
Workshop 1: September 27, 2014
- Marion Master Plan Discovery Workshop Report
- September 27, 2014 Workshop Comment Card
- September 27, 2014 Workshop Handouts
- September 27, 2014 Slideshow
Workshop 2: August 1, 2015
- Marion Master Plan Workshop 2 Report
- Marion Master Plan Land Use, Economic Development. and Climate Resiliency Presentation (100 MB, please allow sufficient time to download)
- August 1, 2015 Workshop Agenda and Comment Card
- August 1, 2015 Workshop Flyer
- August 1, 2015 Workshop Comments
Workshop 3: October 24, 2015
- Marion Master Plan Workshop 3 Report
- Marion Master Plan Transportation and Services & Facilities Presentation (40 MB, please allow sufficient time to download)
- October 24, 2015 Workshop Agenda and Comment Card
- October 24, 2015 Workshop Flyer
- October 24, 2015 Workshop Comments
- October 24, 2015 Workshop Comment Photos (90 MB; photos of notes taken at the Workshop; please allow sufficient time to download)
Open House: January 4, 2016
- Marion Master Plan Open House Video Recording
- Marion Master Plan Open House Presentation (12 MB, please allow sufficient time to download)
Workshop: May 14, 2016
- Marion "Vision of Town" Diagram 2015
- Marion Climate Change and Sea Level Rise Maps (6 Maps, 80 MB, please allow sufficient time to download)
- Marion Parcel and Orthophotography Map 2014
- Marion Land Use Map (FY 2014 Data)
- Marion Zoning Map 2015
- Marion Zoning Overlays Map 2014
- Marion Priority Area Map 2013
- Marion Water Resources Map 2014
- Marion Habitats Map 2014
- Marion "Protected Land" Map 2015
- Marion Town Facilities Map 2015
- Marion Sewer System Map 2015
- Marion Water System Map 2015
- Marion Major Intersections Map 2015
- Marion Bicycle and Pedestrian Facilities Map 2015
- Marion Roadway Jurisdiction Map 2015
Plans and Reports
- Marion Master Plan Discovery Workshop Report
- Marion 2013 Priority Development Areas (PDAs) and Priority Protection Areas (PPAs)
- Marion Town Web Site
- "Marion 2015" Plan