The SMTA is a project initiated by SRPEDD and a group of agencies who see the need to expand transportation services in the region and realize that more public transportation is an unlikely solution. Instead, the SMTA wants to try and coordinate transportation related resources (vehicles, technology, personnel, funding information, equipment, facilities, services) and use them as efficiently as possible in order to increase mobility to all. To learn more about Southeastern Massachusetts Transportation Alliance click here.
Mass Ride Match is also a transportation service that the public can use. It is a regional directory of transportation options (private, public, non-profit) for seniors, people with disabilities or anyone needing to travel in the Southeastern, Massachusetts and beyond. For more information please click on Mass Ride Match.
News & Information Links
Transportation Coordination in the Region
- GATRA connects Middleborough to Taunton
- Enhancing Transportation Services to the Elderly, Disabled and Students, Using GPS technology
- Real-Time Online Vehicle Tracking using Google Maps GPS Cell Phone Tracker-student presentation
- GATRA/United Way Med Wheels Long Distance Medical Transportation Program
- The New Bedford, Mattapoisett and Fairhaven Councils on Aging Medical Transportation program to Boston hospitals and to the Brockton VA
- UMass Dartmouth Tracking Project Process Report